It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:15 am 

Hey i saw this topic on Kong.. so i decided to make same discussion here.

Everybody has experience with some creatures and here u can tell it to other ones!

Water:
Tortipous - He has nice HP + good water skills .. so this is my choice number 1

Earth:
Racket - Racket is easy to find early levels and has cool earth skills. His surviability is also good.

What do you think about your terramons?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm 

I personally like Dandylion/Purrpetal for earth. It has great survivability against most of the elements and great HP when it evolves into purrpetal and vioness.

I was never a great fan of water monsters so I never captured one.

For fire, I would greatly recommend flarmian/firmataur. He has fantastic HP and great survivability against most elements.

For air, shriken or hoodwink. Again, they both have GREAT HP and can survive pretty much anything that's thrown at them. :)

Just some monsters I'd recommend. ;)

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 am 

i cant wait for hoodwing.. i think he will be really nice part of my team.

Anyway.. That.One.Crazy.Lady what do you think about other earth terra monsters? You Chose starter earth terramon.. are there some else good earth terramonsters?

About Fire.. i have bad experience with em.. (maybe coz they r still low LVL). I cant decide which one should be best... on low lvl flamian has too low HP.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 am 

Flarmian (and Sootimander) start off slow, but pay off nicely if you stick with them. Firenaught has some attractive defenses and Sootragon can hit like a truck.

Earth: I haven't put much work into my Shino, but I've heard good things about Rhiyew. I'm also curious about Mantislash as an alternative to the bulkiness of some of the other Earth monsters. And then there's the possible evolution to Fouligator, mmm~.

Water: Can't wait for my Predacuda to evolve. Leviacuda seems to be the Water-type answer to Sootragon. <3 Um, Clawlossal might be pretty cool, but I'm more interested in my legendary fish-beast...

Air: Birds and I kind of have this thing where we more or less ignore each other and everyone is all the happier for it. Luckily, Buntis looks like another nice bulky 'mon.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 am 

For earth, other than the starter, I would have to also go with Racket. In the 2nd stage, as well as the first, it has great HP and even greater survivability against most attacks. :)

I caught my flarmian in Skyward City at level 27. Leveling it and evolving it took some time and hard work, but I got it done, and it's now one of my main monsters I use in battles and quests. :) Believe me, once you get a flarmian to evolve, it will be one of the best fire monsters you can have. Same goes with sootimander. :)

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 am 

I've some good experience with earth terramon, here are my views on some of them so far:

Racket-Ratchet-Racruel: The evolved forms of this line seem to have been buffed. Racruel can do alot of damage now. Though he doesn't seem to be as bulky as some of the other earth terra monsters.

Shino-Rhiyew: This line really gives me trouble at the earth council. Rhiyew himself is really bulky and can do alot of damage. It gets Impale relatively early, which is a very strong normal move that paralyzes often. Its earth moves Sandstorm (reduces accuracy and confuses) and Rock Slide (high flinch chance) almost make him untouchable. My experience when fighting against Rhiyew in the earth council has always been: paralyzed, paralyzed+confused, hit myself+flinched, hit my self, hit myself, snap out of confusion+flinched, paralyzed, confused etc. etc. :'(

Brak-Bufflow: This line is alittle less bulky than Rhiyew. Back when Hawkeyes also did damage, there has been debates as to whether Bufflow was better than Rhiyew, as Hawkeyes was just that good a move and Bufflow was the only earth terramon to learn it. Now that Hawkeyes no longer does damage, my opinion is that Bufflow is a poor-man's Rhiyew. Still, Bufflow does learn some moves that Rhiyew doesn't, and that might warrant his use.

Chipmunky: Don't bother with this, he is weak.

Dozer: the devs have been nerfing him to no end, but it seems he has finally got a buff again. He seems to be very bulky and can do respectable damage now.

Lotis-Mantislash: This line is quite interesting. In terms of bulkiness and attack power, Mantislash really isn't impressive. She is however, the fastest earth terramon in game. On the plus side, Mantislash has really good type coverage. The attacks she is able to learn include normal, air, earth and electric, so she can be decent in many situations.

Bananteater-Bananivore: I feel that this line has really low defenses. They always die in 1 or 2 attacks in the earth council, while other earth terramon could survive for a fair bit longer. I feel that they don't have very many useful moves and so not really worth getting at the moment.

Chompie-Chomper: I've only started training Chompie right now. He doesn't seem very impressive, but perhaps later when he becomes Chomper...

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:26 am 

Very usefull information .. my ratchet evolved few mins ago.. and he is really strong...

what do you think about Tomaling? Is he usefull later?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:04 pm 

I choose based on who I found hard to beat. I didn't really like any of the starter monsters, so I skipped Havenwood and only kept onto my Pandora.

In Vesport, I grabbed a Tortipous and a CoralPie. They're pretty cute and they're pretty powerful in their second evo stage.

Aduro, I only chose Sootimander, and he was slow at first to level up, but now he's a Sootrapter and he's one of my most powerful monsters.

I didn't choose any monsters in Verdane. I didn't really like any of them, because at this stage I was running out of spaces for my team (I hadn't bought another ranch yet) so I was pretty wary of who I chose.

Skyward, of course, I chose the Equinair. Too cute to pass. I didn't choose any others though.

In Metropolis, I did choose Chompie, but later let him go. He didn't have enough power for me.

Jouletown has my most favorite monsters in the game; Ampint and Electripine I chose to keep.

In Aureus I caught a Ursnoball - he was too cute to let pass - and a snowrym. Now a Ragewyrm, I think it was worth the long hours of training.

And in Shrieking Fallow I finally caught my Gryn. Gryn is my most favorite monster ever.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm 

Ok for water: fouligator why?
1. He can be very tanky he is water and earth so he is resistant to a lot of element but weak to more element. But he has good amount of hp and def.

2. He has the most important water move: Tsunami Charge and he has very good earth move like earthquake.

If you want earth choose rhiyew or bufflow but fouligator has a lot of earth earth move.

I got an rhiyew i tested it vs earth monster the battle is long but he always win with a lot of hp left cause epic def and epic hp a lot better than tortitank my rhiyew was lvl 26 and my tortitank was lvl 33 my rhiyew had more hp than him.The bufflow has less hp and def but he's better than him in all the stats he has charge,charge is a very good normal attack plus he has rain so he can deal with fire monster. You can take the Mantislah it's game style is more like i sleep you or paralyze you and you do a lot of damage before he can attack you.

For fire: lavyrm

Lavyrm is rare and long to find. You can do the quest to find it, to earn the quest talk to the first guy you see in MT Adena track and follow the arrow you will have to beat a couple of guy to reach him but worth it. His evolution is Magmawyrm its the strongest fire terra monster. The lavyrm sux a lot beacause only 4 move to learn. But worth the long time to xp it. And Magmawyrm has a thunder move to deal with water so no need to worry.

Air: Choose Hoodwink

1. It's a little bit long to evolve him but the hoodwink is strong.

2. The robhighood is very strong it's a versatile monster and he has good hp and good attack he's a little hard to use but very strong.

3. Vilewing the strongest air terra montster from what i've seen im in the ice area so im very late in the game.

So i hope this helped you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm 

This is my opinion. I'll give you 2 options. (excluding starters)

Water: Leviacuda or Hytheo. A battle between these two would be epic.
Fire: Sootragon or Firenaught. I think Sootragon is the king of the fire element.
Earth: Racruel or Rhiyew. This was a really hard decision. I personally prefer Racruel.
Air: Generowl or Motharch. Motharch is really good.
Electric: Gorrillamp or Gloyew. Definitely Gloyew.
Ice: Urstorm or Ragewyrm. I like Urstorm but Ragewyrm is more balanced.
Arcane: Cackyll or Cobrozo. Two of the best terramons.

Hey! Cath'em all!